Access Database Manager
ClusterSeven ADM (Access® Database Manager)
ClusterSeven ADM supports governance processes for assessing and reducing risk associated with Access® databases, by applying a database control framework and lifecycle management to them.
ADM monitors Access databases and tracks changes in their key structural attributes, such as queries, tables, reports, forms and links. ADM can also carry out on-the-spot comparisons between different versions of the same database, to track the who-when-what changes in situations where source code management isn’t used.
Identifying risks and issues
Among the risks and issues ADM can identify and alert you to are the following:
- Database design that doesn’t follow Access Database best practice
- Poorly designed queries that could result in inefficient data extraction from IT systems
- Breaks in volatile data structures used in shared environments
- Broken schema models between multiple database versions
- High-risk links to other EUC files and corporate data sources
Immediate and future improvements
ADM can additionally identify opportunities to improve productivity, such as safe deletion of database objects to bring file sizes down; and identify data sources elsewhere in your organization which feed your Access databases.
Once you have your Access databases under control, you can use ADM to help you decide which ones should be retired and replaced with more robust IT systems.
ADM supports the complete database lifecycle
- Understanding your current state (eDiscovery and Risk Assessment)
- Applying a control framework (Security, Monitoring and Alerting)
- Enhanced productivity during your day-to-day operations
- Database retirement and replacement with more robust systems
ClusterSeven delivering Certainty
- Proven delivery track record
- Speed of deployment
- Ease of implementation
Enterprise Spreadsheet Manager
Reduce EUC risk for your Excel spreadsheets by supporting governance and change management processes. ESM monitors and analyzes spreadsheet changes, assesses them against your Excel risk rules, and generates reports and alerts.Learn more
Inventory Management System
Maintain a secure, consistent and up-to-date inventory of your EUC files with our purpose-built, scalable IMS. Define the pages, components and attributes for tracking, and get a full audit trail of changes.Learn more